"Indonesia: * On February 7, the Supreme Court in Jakarta turned down the second and last appeal for three schoolteachers convicted of trying to convert Muslim children to Christianity. Dr. Rebekka Zakaria (47), Ratna Bangun (40), and Eti Pangesti (43) have 27 months remaining of their three-year prison term handed down on September 1, 2005. "'They're strong women, but they're having a hard time digesting the decision of the Supreme Court right now. However, I'm certain that they will eventually regain strength from the Lord,' Dr. Rebekka's daughter reported.'"
Write to Dr. Rebekka Zakaria, Eti Pangesti and Ratna Bangun and let them know that you are praying for them.
- Do not mention Open Doors
- Greeting cards, artwork by children, and postcards are best
- Print clearly (you can write in English)
- Be encouraging, keep your message brief, include 1-2 Bible verses
- Don't say anything negative about the government or Muslims
- Provide your name & country, but not your full address
- Don't send money directly to these women
Send Letters to:
Open Doors USA
P.O. Box 27001
Santa Ana, CA 92799"