The Bible League, which works to place native language Bibles in countries where they are otherwise forbidden or too expensive, has linked up with a charity organization to contribute shopping dollars to their work. Check them out and see if you can't do your shopping through their stores and benefit a good cause at the same time.
They also support Christians in various countries in other ways. Prayerfully consider supporting them; this mini-report on their work in Russia is heart-breaking.
Christians in Pakistan are being displaced second-hand by the earthquake there. According to the WEA RLP:
"SYSTEMATIC PERSECUTION AND INJUSTICE IN PAKISTAN
In mid-November at Sangla Hill (outside Lahore) a Muslim, during a financial dispute with a Christian, falsely accused the Christian of desecrating Korans. Exploiting this, Islamic clerics called Muslims to the mosques, inciting them to 'defend Islam' and attack the Christians. Over 2000 Muslims rampaged, burning churches and driving some 450 Christian families from their homes. The pogrom went unchecked with tacit support from local police and officials. The earthquake has left Pakistan in great need of aid which is coming primarily from Western nations and Christian NGOs. The anti-Christian violence at Sangla Hill is therefore embarrassing to Pakistan, with several groups calling for a High Court inquiry. Also reported are hundreds of Christians in Sind Province being evicted and their homes given to Muslims displaced from Kashmir.
PLEASE PRAY SPECIFICALLY FOR GOD TO INTERVENE SO THAT:
* the government of Pakistan will have the sense, courage and strength to cut off radicalisation and incitement to violence at its source – in the Wahhabi-led, pro-jihad madrassas and mosques.
* the blasphemy law will be repealed.
* holding a High Court inquiry into the violence in Sangla Hill will expose evil and injustice, and lay the foundations for social and legal reform, as well as for religious liberty.
* evicting Christian families from their homes in Sind Province will end and justice will be done.
* the powerful hold the Islamic clerics have over the poor masses will be broken.
May God in his mercy, through the ministry and witness of his Church, by the power of his Holy Spirit, draw multitudes of Pakistanis to Christ the one and only Saviour, so corrupted consciences can be restored, and violence and hatred be put to death. (Titus 1:15; 2 Corinthians 3:7-18; Titus 2:11-14)
'You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power amongst the peoples.' Psalm 77:14"